Monday, November 1, 2010

Counting My Blessings

As the month of November is getting started, I have been thinking about all of the things this month represents.  Cooler temperatures...a fire in the fireplace...gorgeous fall colors on display in the trees outside my home.  And, of course, I imagine the wonderful sights and smells of Thanksgiving Day...turkey and dressing...sweet potato souffle...mounds of mashed potatoes with gravy.  You get the idea!  :)

This morning, during my quiet time, I came to the conclusion that I don't want to wait until the official holiday to begin "counting my blessings".  This is something that I should be doing every day.  So, I want to take some time each day to say what I am grateful for.  Today, I am grateful for the love of my Savior.  Today, I am grateful to have a family that loves me, and faithfully stands by me when life gets tough.  Today, I am grateful that my brother is alive, and is healthy enough to be able to begin chemotherapy this week.  Today, I am grateful to have friends that love me (in spite of all of my faults).  As the month goes on, I know that my list will continue to grow.  How about you?


What are you thankful for today?

Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!  Now...off to do laundry (and to be thankful for the clothes...especially once they are clean, folded, and put away! :D)


Until next time, I'll be counting my blessings...and enjoying the view from here :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for YOU, Mom. :) You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you, my sweet girl, are a gift straight from Heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete